Tuesday 1 April 2014

In my dreams

"Write hard and clear about what hurts." After reading this Hemingway's quote I knew that I'm going to put it in this writing.

About 2 years ago I attended a lecture about a hypnosis and how we can deal stress with its help, which was held at our faculty. The psychotherapist explained us the theory and then guided us through a group hypnosis. We kind of fell into a so called trance and were able to hear and feel the things he suggested us. Although it was not a real hypnosis, it was a pretty cool introduction to it. While going home I thought it would be interesting to go to a real hypnosis someday to explore my subconscious mind :D

It has been said that only about 5 % of our mind is conscious, while 95 % is subconscious. Furthermore, a subconscious mind is even more powerful!
Freud said that dreams are a royal way to a subconscious mind. Clients on his couch often told about their dreams. Jung claimed that dreams can inform us about where we are, where we are going and can show us the possible obstacles on our way. In his opinion, everyone can interpret his own dreams.

Recently I've had very intensive and lively dreams, related to some emotional matter I had not so long ago. I thought I got over it, but the picture in my dreams was completely different. I think it's fascinating , how you think that you moved on, I mean got over some emotional stuff. But then it appears in your dreams, so lively, and you watch yourself how would you actually feel and react about it. In your dreams you see you were wrong about it the whole time..

A week or two later a quote from a movie crossed my mind:
"Maybe none of us really understand what we've lived through, or feel we've had enough time."



One of my favourite movies

No comments:

Post a Comment