Thursday 10 April 2014

Couchsurfing


I first used couchsurfing in summer last year. I was staying at my friend's house and didn't need an accommodation, I just found myself a guy for a coffee in Stuttgart, like: meet the locals :D The second time was in winter and this time I was staying at my host's place. A day or two before my trip my friend (a guy) said to me: "You are very brave to go to some random guy's place like that." "Really? Brave?" I didn't even thought about that. But this request was quite unusual, because we have been chatting about 2 months before my visit . I remember I said to his best friend: "He takes care of me." He replied: "We all do." It was a cool scene, watching a movie with 3 guys, I was kind of blessed among men. (:

So far I have hosted 3 guys and one girl. And I have noticed, that we all have something in common: we are all very open. In fact, extremely open people.It's like we trust each other more in 2 days than people usually do in a much longer time. Or even never. It doesn't matter if it's a man-woman or a woman-woman relation, we advise each other quite soon. It's like you make friends with them and you remain friends even after they leave, it's just that they are somewhere in the background. And days you spend with them definitely have an added value. My couchsurfer from Germany was so amusing that when I returned to my flat after his leaving I actually thought to myself: how boring it is now :D

My couchsurfer, a girl, said it's cool because you visit some place and the guy shows you his city. You have a lot of fun but you know that you will leave. I said: "Yes, it's like flirting with life." "Exactly!" Actually I saw some quote: "Traveling is like flirting with life. It's like saying: I would stay and love you but I have to go, this is my station." Most times couchsurfing really is "just" a station, but sometimes..
This week I read a story (it's called A Couchsurfing wedding) about 2 couchsurfers who got married. A guy wrote a letter to the couchsurfing community, telling them about how he hosted his (future) wife. My first thought was: "Waa!" (:


No comments:

Post a Comment