Sunday 16 March 2014

We don't meet people by accident


I don't remember when was the last time I wrote something personal. Actually, I just recall how my high school teacher always said that my essays were really good and it crossed my mind: let's go write something after a long time..
In my life I have visited Germany about 10 or 12 times. Since my grandma lived there, I spent there almost every summer holidays. Because of that I sometimes have a feeling, that I lived in Germany in my former life :D
Germany, 2013: here I was again. No real explanation, no expectations, I just went. Although I have seen this city before..
My friend, who introduced me this couchsurfing thing, once said she thinks it is really cool, but it could also be sad, if you get attached to this other person. I didn't understand that: how can you get attached to someone, who just sleeps at your place for a couple of days and then goes home? Now I understand (:
My host was a guy who fascinated me. I don't even know when exactly, I guess it was a mixture of everything that happened: the way he treated me, our conversations in my not so perfect german.. Moments, when you just feel safe and special beside that person. Because when you get older, you start to look for different things as you did when you were 20. When with almost a complete stranger you get the feeling like you know that person for 10 years (and he is exactly 4 days younger than me). I think that's just rare. When you are lying beside this person and the last thing you wish at that moment is to leave and go back home in the next few minutes. But you go..
"We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason." I really like this quote.
And when you get older, you also realize how short life actually is, so you don't want to regret that you didn't do or say something that was on your mind. Maybe we'll see each other again, or maybe there was "just" this my trip, who knows.
But as someone once said: "If it is still on your mind, it is still in your heart."




No comments:

Post a Comment